Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Beauty and the Beast (2010)



Director: David Lister
Writer: Gavin Scott




Ah, another "Beauty and the Beast" tale.  This one is at least better than the first one (Blood of Beasts (2005); but, not much.  We also have another "syfy original movie".  Believe it or not, there are some good flicks from Syfy, but this is not one of them.


The tale is the classic "beauty and the beast" through and through.  I'm not a big fan of this story.  I was hoping for some difference... something to make this stand out from the rest.  Alas, there was nothing.


There was a surprising amount of "gore" in this film.  There's some nice kills and bloody moments.  These moments were not badly done either.


As you can expect, the acting is not great.  Not, as bad as some, but that good either.  Estella Warren is not a very good actress.  She's not terrible; perhaps serviceable.  I know I often comment on the females in these films, so I suppose I'll have to comment here about her.  She is definitely not my type of women.  The big pouty lips and big pouty boobs don't do alot for me.


Rhett Giles is actually pretty good.  I quite like him and think he should be doing better movies than this and the likes of Quantum Apocalypse or Transmorphers.  The rest of the cast is serviceable.


There's not alot of action here and found my attention straying quite often.  The effects are pretty good as far as Syfy standards are concerned.


Overall I'd say you can definitely skip this one.  If you need to see every fantasy flick like me, perhaps just have this on while you're doing something else.


Verdict: Not terrible. Not Good.  You could probably skip it.










The Cast




Rhett Giles ... Count Rudolph




Vanessa Gray ... Lady Helen


Tony Bellette ... Otto


Chris Betts ... Captain


Anthony Kidd ... Kurt


Damien Garvey ... Dr. Thorne




Jack Henry ... Jury Foreman


Mark Finden ... Soldier #1


Nicholas G. Cooper ... Duke Henry


Peter Cook ... Duke Edward


Todd Levi ... Baron Conrad


Tony Thurbon ... King Maxilillian








1 comment:

  1. From the trailer and pictures I'd have to say that Vanessa Gray is more my kind of lady, but the combination of your review and the trailer has pretty much guaranteed I wouldn't be tracking this down in the near future (unless I stumble upon it on SyFy).

    Thanks for watching it so we don't have to...

    ReplyDelete