Monday, May 14, 2012

The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption (2012)


Director: Roel Reiné
Writers: Brendan Cowles (screenplay), Shane Kuhn (screenplay)



Since his rise to power, Mathayus' kingdom has fallen. Now an assassin for hire, he must defend a kingdom from an evil tyrant and his ghost warriors for the chance to regain the power and glory he once knew.




I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I really enjoy these movies.  I said previously that I enjoy the second one the best, but I quite enjoy this one as well.  All of these movies have a really nice flow to them and I never got bored.


The action is nicely mixed with story (minimalist as it may be).  There's a nice amount of action that is nicely done and quite entertaining.  There's always a small humor element.  Bostin Christopher is pretty amusing in this.


And of course, the women are breathtakingly hot.  There's no nudity here, as usual for these movies, but thankfully there's not an overabundance of clothing either.  I could go on about Krystal Vee and Selina Lo but, I think you get the picture.


Ron Perlman is always good even though he doesn't have much to do here.  Billy Zane is nutty as usual, and Victor Webster does a nice job as The Scorpion King.


This movie isn't about the story, it's about the action, the fantasy, and the hot chicks and it serves to please.

Vertict: Recommended

The Cast





Krystal Vee ... Silda


Ron Perlman ... Horus


Billy Zane ... Talus


Dave Bautista ... Argomael


Selina Lo ... Tsukai




Johann Helf ... Hathor


Geoffrey Giuliano ... Siris


Temuera Morrison ... Ramusan













1 comment:

  1. I watched about the first half-hour of this when it first came out on DVD and got really bored. Perhaps it's time to give it a second chance... and those women do look hot ;)

    ReplyDelete