Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Super Stooges vs the Wonder Women (1975)










Director: Alfonso Brescia
Writers: Alfonso Brescia (story), Aldo Crudo (story)





Three men with supernatural powers interfere in a tribal warfare to prevent evil Amazons destroying the inhabitants of a village.


I'll start with this... I hated this movie so much I couldn't even muster enough energy to take proper screenshots.  So, I found some screenshots online and am posting them here so you can see how the movie looks.


This isn't the worst movie I've seen. (See my review of Severed Ways: The Norse Discovery of America (2007) for that bit of cinema history)  However, I am not a fan of the three stooges.  I know this movie has nothing to do with the tree stooges, but the humor is similar.


This movie sets out to make you laugh at slap-stick humor and that's all it does.  I'm sure some of you out there would enjoy this type of thing, but I don't.


I'm not even going to talk about the acting/story/action stuff because I could hardly make it through 30 minutes of this thing.  So to each his own; if you're a fan of three stooges type humor check it out, otherwise avoid it.



Verdict: Avoid!

The Cast


Aldo Canti ... Aru / Dharma II


Marc Hannibal ... Moog - African Superhero


Hua Yueh ... Chung, Asian Superhero


Aldo Bufi Landi ... Dharma I


Karen Yeh ... May May Wong








Malisa Longo ... Akela


Riccardo Pizzuti ... Philones



















1 comment:

  1. Peplum meets kung fu ... played for laughs. Need I say more? Possibly the worst sound track I have ever heard to boot.

    ReplyDelete