Thursday, September 29, 2011

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2007)









A man named Farmer sets out to rescue his kidnapped wife and avenge the death of his son -- two acts committed by the Krugs, a race of animal-warriors who are controlled by the evil Gallian.


Director: Uwe Boll
Writers: Doug Taylor (screenplay), Jason Rappaport (story)



After doing BloodRayne, I decided to bestow upon you another great Uwe Boll film.  Seriously though, this film is not that bad.  I actually own this film on Blu-ray, and have no way of screenshotting blu-rays, so I decided to pilfer some screenshots from various sources.  If you are one I pilfered from and would like a credit here, please let me know and I'll give you one.  Though I can't really imagine why someone would care.


So anyway, In the Name of the King is not a bad movie.  Not in the definition I use on this blog.  I quite enjoyed it (though it doesn't take much as most of you know).  Jason Statham is one of my favorite actors working today.  No this is not even close to one of his best films, but he kept me quite entertained.  Boll is not a great directer by any stretch, but he usually keeps me entertained as well.  Some of you may think that makes me a moron, but if you've read my other reviews, you know I'm just here to be entertained blah blah blah, I'm not going through that again.


Once again, there are loads of "faces" in here, good actors you will all recognize working for a paycheck.  The acting is not bad.  Alot of them phoned it in, but what do you expect.  Just relax and enjoy.  Laugh a little, make fun, whatever you want.


This film follows a typical fantasy setting through a typical fantasy story.  I'm not going to take the time to go through it with you, I'm sure you can figure out what happens just by reading the synopsis and looking at the pictures.  The story is not the point here, just enjoy a typical fantasy D&D type story.


The action is pretty good and ejoyable, there's some nice eye candy here, though no skin that I could tell.  There isn't much in the way of blood or gore, and I'd say this is pretty family friendly.  If you enjoy the cast, enjoy this sort of film, then I'd say watch it.

Verdict: Recommended for fun.

The Cast





















Aaron Pearl ... General Aziel








Eva Padberg ... Handmaiden




Michael Eklund ... Scout




Carrie Fleming ... Crying Woman








No comments:

Post a Comment